This website is owned and operated by MeazureUp (“MeazureUp”), a Toronto-based company. MeazureUp (also “us”, or “we”) takes your privacy very seriously. We are committed to protecting and safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our websites including mobile versions of our website (“Sites”).
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT USE MEAZUREUP WEBSITES OR PROVIDE MEAZUREUP WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. Your use of MeazureUp Sites indicates your acceptance of this Policy and of the collection and use of your personally identifiable information in accordance with this Policy.
The Personal Information We Collect
While MeazureUp focuses on business-to-business products, we may collect different types of personal and other information of natural persons based on your use of or inquiry about our products and services and/or our relationship with you (“Personal Information”). Some examples of Personal Information we may collect include:
Personal Information you may choose to give us.
• Contact Information (such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, and/or e-mail address);
• Other personal information you may provide through various means, such as (1) on our websites, (2) in response to marketing or other communications, (3) through social media, and/or (4) in connection with an actual or potential business or employment relationship with us.
Also, when you visit our Sites, we may collect certain information via automated means. For example, our systems may collect information about your activity on the Sites (i.e., pages you visit, address of a referring website (if any), identifiers for your mobile device, geographic location information, and Internet Protocol (IP) address) for a number of purposes. Such information is collected using automated technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and server log files. We may use this automatically-collected information to help tailor the ads you may see on the Sites and the messaging that is provided to you from our systems. Further, we use this information to operate, maintain, and manage our Sites.
- Standard Web server traffic pattern information. General traffic, site usage, browser information and length of stay information is collected and stored in log files.
- Cookies/Web Beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that our website would send to your computer or mobile device to identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. A “web beacon” (also known as a pixel tag or Internet tag) links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information through cookies back to a server. These tools allow a certain internet site to remember important information that will make your use of the site more convenient and tailor potential ads to your interests. Please note: these technologies use anonymous identifiers within the “cookies” stored in your browser. Use the options in your internet browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. If you have selected Do Not Track settings within your browser, we will honor all requests for Do Not Track.
- Analytics. We use analytic services, such as Google Analytics, as well as other third- party vendors tracking aggregate data that place cookies on a browser across our websites. We also may use Google AdWords “remarketing” to market our sites across the web. Using such a program, we would place a cookie on a browser, and then Google reads these cookies and may serve an ad on a third-party site (i.e., when you are visiting your Facebook page). You may opt out of such ad serving on Google’s opt out page.
How We Use The Personal Information We Collect
We may use the Personal Information we collect in a variety of ways, including to:
- Provide you with the best customer experience possible;
- Provide the products and services you purchase, and to respond to your questions;
- Communicate with you regarding purchases, registrations, special events, beta tests, user groups, and promotions;
- Deliver customized content and advertising that may be of interest to you, and remember you when you visit our Sites;
- Address network integrity and security issues;
- Respond to your requests, questions, and/or comments;
- Perform data analyses (including market and consumer research, and trend analyses).
Personal Information We Share With Others
MeazureUp does not sell your Personal Information to third parties.
MeazureUp may share your personal information with non-MeazureUp companies that perform services on our behalf, as necessary for them to perform those services (i.e., payment processing). MeazureUp requires those companies to have reasonable safeguards in place to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Further, MeazureUp may share information collected by cookies and other automated means with sites you link to from the Sites, or with social media providers (such as Facebook, LinkedIn) that you visit by clicking through from our Sites. Please note that while MeazureUp does not capture or store your login information or any other personally identifiable information for social networks if you link to those through our Sites, their websites may store session information or cookies on your computer or wireless phone. Social media is further discussed below.
In Other Circumstances: Other than as noted above, we may be required to share your Personal Information for purposes such as complying with court orders or law enforcement; assisting with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and identity theft; selling MeazureUp’s assets, or in process of arranging for the dissolution of MeazureUp; or enforcing our agreements and property rights.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
The security of Personal Information is important to us. We require non-MeazureUp companies acting on our behalf (i.e., credit card processing companies) to have reasonable safeguards in place to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with applicable law.
However, you understand and agree that such steps do not guarantee that use of the Sites is invulnerable to all security breaches, and that MeazureUp makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation that use of any of our Sites is protected from viruses, security threats or other vulnerabilities.
Links to Other Sites
We may offer links to sites that are not operated by MeazureUp, or you may see a banner ad for a product and click on that to visit a non-MeazureUp website for that product. If you visit one of these linked sites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of other companies.
Social Media and Personal Information
Further, MeazureUp uses a variety of new technologies and social media options to communicate and interact with consumers and has links to certain social media provider(s) available on its Sites. When interacting with a MeazureUp presence on those social media websites, you may opt to reveal certain Personal Information.
MeazureUp social media sites are public, and thus, Personal Information you have chosen to share on any MeazureUp social media pages will be visible to persons visiting those pages. Privacy of information shared on those pages is governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies.
Other than to respond to posts or answer questions, MeazureUp will not use Personal Information provided on its social media pages without permission from you.
Your Rights For Information And/Or To Request Deletion Of Personal Information You Provided To Us
Subject to applicable laws, you may have the right to: obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you, request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, and have the information blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. To exercise these rights, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org Under GDPR, the legal basis for processing Personal Information is consensual and contractual in nature. Please contact us as set for below for any request for deletions under GDPR standards.
We may retain your Personal Data for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. We determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data on the basis of the amount, nature, and sensitivity of your Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, and whether we can achieve the purposes of the processing through other means, as well as the applicable legal requirements (such as applicable statutes of limitation). After expiry of the retention periods, your Personal Data will be deleted. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further use of the data.
If you have any questions, comments, or requests regarding this Policy or the information practices of MeazureUp, please contact us by mail, email, or phone:
180 John Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada